Thanks to our Pubcon 2013 SEJ Lounge sponsor, Paygrip!
In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Paul Schroader of PS Web Solutions leads a discussion on affiliate marketing best practices.
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
– It all boils down to communication, Paul says. Most of the time affiliate managers aren’t willing to reach out to affiliates and talk to them about new products and promotions coming up.
– It’s a mistake to expect affiliates to be 100% proactive. As an affiliate manager you have to get out there and help the affiliates do their job more efficiently.
– As an affiliate you also have to communicate more with your affiliate manager. Don’t be shy to ask for higher commissions and better bonuses.
– Paul explains that both sides need to do more asking to create a more mutually beneficial relationship. If you don’t ask you’ll never get it.
– Another mistake is to focus strictly on sales rather than customer acquisition. As a result companies give away more of their margins to dealers than they should.
– By focusing more on affiliate marking and paid search, Paul says you’ll make more direct sales, have higher margins, as well as own the customer data.
– Don’t make affiliate marketing an afterthought when it comes to selling your products.